- If your child takes a prescription medication it MUST come to camp in the original labeled container. DO NOT place pills in a pill case for the week. You don't have to send all the pills, but just enough for a week.
- If your child takes a daily dose of an "over the counter medication" please sent it with them. If there is just a chance they may need a medication such as Tylenol or Benadryl our first aid station stocks these items. In order for us to provide this to your child the camp medical form must be complete with a doctors signature. Your child will need to turn these meds in as well.
- Every bag that your child brings should have a luggage tag complete with name, address, phone number, and if traveling with a school, the school's name.
- Anything that you can label with a name is much more likely to make its way back to you if it is lost. (jackets, sweatshirts and towels are prime examples).
- When sending your camper with their sleeping bag and pillow, label the items and then place them both into a labeled garbage bag or the giant zip lock bag. This will help keep their bedding together, clean and dry. Even labeling the sleeping bag with you child's name helps out with organization,
- Extra socks are a great idea
- Comfortable foot wear is a must. Campers walk A LOT at camp, good sneakers are best for everyday use. Sandals or flip flops would be good for time at the beach or showers. If you wish to participate in horseback riding boots with a heel are required, but don’t worry if you do not have your own. We have several pairs in the barn that can be borrowed.
Program Specialist & Administrative Assistant
Oswegatchie Educational Center
9340 Long Pond Rd
Croghan, NY 13327